Is your office computer without Winamp? Has they disabled Windows Media Player too? Are you unable to play any media files because it doesn't have the necessary codecs installed? Alright then, let's make our music and movie files independent of any media application.
So how are we going to make them independent? By converting them into self playing EXE files. Audio/Video To Exe is a free application that converts any audio and video file into self dependent and self playing EXE files. You don't require any media player or any codecs to play these files. It will run on any machine installed with Windows.
Audio/Video To Exe supports almost all audio/video formats like 3gp, aac, ac3, exe, flac, flv, gif, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, mpg, nut, ogg, ra, rm, swf, vob, voc, wav, wma, wmv, wv,..etc. This means that you can convert any of these formats into self playing EXE files. The program also allows you to convert media files into other formats, but advanced options like selecting bit rates etc or disabled in this free version.
Self playing EXE files can come very handy. You can:
- Play music and movies on your office/school computer where all multimedia applications are disabled
- Send them to others without worrying whether they have the necessary players and codecs to play them.
- Create data CDs that start playing music whenever you insert it into the CD drive. How? Ok here it is.
- Convert the music you want to autorun into an EXE file.
- Now open Notepad, add these line and save it as AUTORUN.INF. Replace music.exe with the correct file name.
- Place both AUTORUN.INF and music.exe on the root of the CD, add other applications you want to burn on the CD as usual and then burn it. Now each time you pop the CD into the drive, the music will start playing automatically.