If you have a printer at home you can easily use it to print your T-shirts. To create your own artwork on T-shirts, you will require:
- A white T-shirt
- The artwork you want to print
- An inkjet or laser printer
- Transfer paper (these are available for as cheap as $1 per paper or less, but often sold in packs)
- An iron
- A flat hard surface to iron
Now follow these steps:
- Select the image you wish to transfer to your T-shirt and adjust the size of the image. Print a test copy on paper to make sure that the size fits on the T-shirt
- Flip the image horizontally, that is, from left to right. This is important.
- Set the printer settings to the best quality and paper type to Transfer paper and print it on a transfer paper.
- Take the T-shirt and lay it evenly on a flat hard surface. Make sure there are no folds underneath. Place the transfer paper on top of it with the printed side down.
- Heat the iron to the maximum heating possible and move it over the transfer paper. It takes a lot of heat to transfer the image evenly and completely to the fabric. Continue ironing until the paper turns slightly dark in color.
- Carefully peel the paper while it is still hot
- Wear it and show off to your friends
[Image courtesy: Digit magazine]