With less than 4 months to go before Windows 7 goes public, Microsoft today announced the pricing and upgrade options of the operating system. Here is a quick rundown of the prices:
The estimated retail prices for upgrade are:
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99
The estimated retail prices for full packaged retail are:
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99
The good news is that, starting tomorrow, people in the US, Canada and Japan can pre-order the product at a ridiculous $49 for Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade while Windows 7 Professional upgrade will cost $99. This offer will last till July 11th in US and Canada, and till July 5th in Japan. The pre-order program will also launch in the UK, France and Germany starting July 15th and will run until August 14th.
You can take advantage of this special offer online via select retail partners such as Best Buy or Amazon, or the online Microsoft Store.
[via The Windows Blog]