Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is an image management application database which helps in viewing, editing, and managing digital photos. Lightroom is designed to assist both professional and amateur photographers in managing thousands of digital images and doing post production work.
A public preview of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Beta has been recently made available for the Macintosh and Windows platform that can downloaded and tried for free from Adobe Labs (a free registration is required before download). Lightroom 3 beta delivers a preview of new tools that will be in Lightroom 3, including more intuitive importing, unparalleled noise reduction and sharpening tools and enhanced slideshow capabilities.
What’s new in Lightroom 3 beta?
- Brand new performance architecture, building for the future of growing image libraries
- State-of-the-art noise reduction to help you perfect your high ISO shots
- Watermarking tool that helps you customize and protect your images with ease
- Portable sharable slideshows with audio—designed to give you more flexibility and impact on how you choose to share your images, you can now save and export your slideshows as videos and include audio
- Flexible customizable print package creation so your print package layouts are all your own
- Film grain simulation tool for enhancing your images to look as gritty as you want
- New import handling designed to make importing streamlined and easy
- More flexible online publishing options so you can post your images online to certain online photo sharing sites directly from inside Lightroom 3 beta.
The beta version will expire on April 30, 2010.