Mobile phone manufacturer Nokia has just released an updated version of Nokia Ovi Player, a software solution for Nokia devices users. The new version 2.1 of Nokia Ovi Player, which was formerly known as Nokia Music when we reviewed them last, lets users manage and transfer music between their computers and phones, discover new music from the Nokia Music Store, and more.
Nokia Ovi Player 2.1 comes with a number of enhancements and features and a series of fixes to improves the overall quality and performance of the application.
The most notable new feature is the ability to transfer music and playlists from iTunes on your computer to your Nokia phones. Previously there was no direct way of doing it. The latest Nokia Ovi Player now can automatically import your music collection from iTunes and all the manual playlists that you created in iTunes to compatible Nokia devices. However, iTunes DRM files and smart playlists will not be imported.
The second most notable improvement is the ability to pause and restart downloads from the Nokia and Ovi Music stores. Ovi Player will automatically retry any failed downloads and will also preserve uncompleted downloads on application restart.
Other new features include:
- A new ‘Play’ control above column headers in detailed view. Simply click this button and all the containing tracks will be added to the Player Queue and played sequentially.
- New tooltips for tracks in the Playlists and Player Queue. These tooltips are visible when hovering over a track and will show you Artist, Album and Artwork for the track.
- It’s now easier to select the Music Store for your region and change the Proxy settings. Just hit F4 key and all this pops up in the Options dialogue window.
- The new version is more robust and memory efficient when compared to the previous version.
- It’s now possible to hide the start-up screen.