DevVicky Word is a new free word processor for Windows that supports a wide variety of document formats, most notably DOCX, and comes with an extensive range of features you would expect from any competent Word processing application.
DevVicky Word’s strongest point is it’s impressive support for modern document formats. The first release of this program comes with full support for DOCX, DOC, RTF, PDF, PDF/A, XML, HTML, CSS, GIF, BMP, JPG, PNG, ANSI, Unicode and many more. It can open PDF files and export any document format to PDF and DOCX.
DevVicky Word can also save any document as an HTML file and generate separate CSS files if the user choose to. The results are pretty good too.
Another handy feature of DevVicky Word is the built in ‘Doc Reader’ that can read aloud the document using Microsoft voice engine. The user can adjust the volume and speed and export the document as a WAV file.
Other features include:
- insert images, files, tables etc and drag and place them wherever you want
- insert hyperlinks
- insert bullets and numbered lists with different styles
- headers and footers supported
- paragraph formatting including fonts, color, line width, margins etc
- flexible page layouts including multiple columns
- Good file format support
- Can open large Word files with ease
- Built in PDF conversion
- Spell checker doesn’t underline spelling errors, so users are not aware of these until the spell checker is executed
Thanks T. Raguveeradayal for the tip