Paragon Go Virtual is a brand new software from the popular Paragon Software Group, that lets users migrate a physical computer into a virtual environment. The software allows the user to convert a physical system running a Windows operating system later than Windows 2000, with all application, settings and user files intact, into a virtual system.
The virtual machine created can then by loaded into any of the supported virtualization software - Microsoft Virtual PC, VMware Workstation/Fusion/Player and Oracle VirtualBox.
Paragon Go Virtual also lets you adjust settings of a virtual system that fails to boot because of unsuccessful virtualization using other tools, like the built in virtual disk creation utility of Widows Vista/7.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 includes a built-in disaster recovery tool, which enables users to create backup images of Windows OS in a .vhd (Virtual Hard Disk) format, used by Microsoft Virtual PC/Server/Hyper-V, and Oracle VirtualBox. Unfortunately you cannot just take this type of backup to run Windows OS in a virtual environment – it won’t start up. Paragon Go Virtual can help rectify this problem.
Using the “P2V Adjust OS” wizard, you can patch Windows OS inside a .vhd backup image according to the specified virtualization vendor to let you start up and work with your Windows on virtual hardware.
- Full Windows OS Support - Guaranteed support for any Windows operating system since Win2K (excluding server editions).
- P2V Migration - Migrate a physical system to a virtual machine or convert a backup image to a virtual disk.
- Migration without rebooting Windows - Hot processing of locked (in-use) hard disks lets you migrate a computer without rebooting and interrupting Windows.
- P2V Adjust OS to recover the startup ability after unsuccessful virtualization with a 3rd party tool and to make Windows Vista/7 backups bootable on virtual hardware.
- Smart Driver Injector - Makes the process of adding new drivers smooth and easy.
- Selection of virtual hardware – Go Virtual offers the user a selection of virtual hardware types.
- Migration of offline systems - Freeware tools support the migration of operating systems currently running, but they have problems migrating offline operating systems, especially when there are more than one OS on the disk. Go Virtual performs these operations with ease.
Paragon Go Virtual is free for non-commercial use.