A selection of articles published between February 12 and February 25 of previous years.
1 Year Ago
- Host Static Websites on Google App Engine for Free: Rock solid server, near 100% uptime, plenty of bandwidth, for the sweet price of nothing. Who can beat that?
- Disable CPU Throttling on Core 2/Core i CPUs: Laptop CPUs are commonly throttled down to conserve power and reduce the amount of heat generated by the chip, for a price – reduced performance. But you can remove the bottleneck.
A number of software that were once commercial-ware were released as freeware during this period. These are:
- WinX DVD Author, a very powerful DVD authoring and DVD burning solution.
- BufferZone Pro, a sandboxing software that allows users to run software in isolated environments for security.
- Spider Player Pro, a free music player with built in Internet radio stations with recording capabilities, a CD ripper and music converter.
- Chasys Draw IES, is a suite of application consisting of a layer-based raster graphics editor with animation, an image viewer, a multi-threaded image file converter and a tool for processing RAW digital camera image files.
2 Years Ago
- Nuance PDF Reader is a free Adobe PDF Reader with annotation capability and an integrated online PDF to Word, Excel, RTF converter.
- TVersity is a media streaming software package that can stream any video to any device regardless of the limitation of the device, by automatically transcoding videos to the proper format on the fly.
- Alcohol 52% – Free CD/DVD emulation software. A lighter version of Alcohol 120% that supports up to 6 virtual CD DVD-ROM drives.
- Interesting hard drive facts you probably didn’t know
3 Years Ago
- 4 tools to get the most out of your screen real estate with efficient window management.
- GE-Graph is a fantastic visualization tool for Google Earth that takes data in a simple tabular format and then lets you plot it as 3 dimensional polygons and bars directly over Google Earth.
- Orbiter is a free flight simulator for Windows with emphasis on realism. It lets you fly a number of spacecraft, from the realistically modeled Space Shuttle Atlantis to the fictional Delta-Glider. Travel around the solar system or perform orbital and sub-orbital space flights or try docking to the International Space Station.
- Hawkscope is cross-platform Java based program that allows you to access your hard disk’s content from the system tray.
4 Years Ago
- How to pin Microsoft Outlook Calendar on your desktop
- How to customize Windows messages, tool tips and dialog boxes