There are lot of online resources that lets you change, resize, crop and enhance images without having to learn to use heavy weights like Adobe Photoshop. Judging by the sheer number of such tools available, and the interest in acquiring them by the likes of Google it can be assumed that they are immensely popular. If you happen to use them often and have these sites tucked away in your bookmarks, and if you also use Firefox, you’ll find PictuTools pretty useful.
This add-on implements a context-menu which gives you quick access to several online services providing image manipulation tools such as Pixlr, BeFunky, SumoEditing, LunaPic and some more. You can convert images to a number of different formats including EPS, GIF, ICO, TIFF, PDF, TGA and WebP, perform reverse image search, view EXIF data, identify fonts and generate QRCodes among a few. It also offers a couple of image hosting sites to upload images for re-sharing, and an option to share images on Facebook and Twitter.
When you want to edit an image you found online, simply right click on the image and choose the service which you want to use. This will take you to the service provider’s website with the image automatically uploaded and ready to work upon. At the moment the add-on only works on web images and not on local files on your hard disk.
The full list of supported services are given below.
- BeFunky: BeFunky lets you apply photo effects, enhance, edit pictures and photos online. Cartoon, sketch, painting, pop art and more...
- DrPic: Crop, Resize, Add Text, Special Effects, and Host your pictures online for free (with ads, in HTML/JS)
- FotoFlexer: FotoFlexer lets you remove blemishes, change skin/hair color, morph photos and more! 100% free (with ads)
- Iaza: Provides several conversion and effect tools by just clicking links
- LunaPic: Edit Your Pictures with this basic but powerful online editor (ads, HTML)
- Phixr: Online photo editor with no Flash required
- Pixenate: Edit photos online, fast and easily - No plugins required.
- PixLR: Flash-based online image editor.
- PixLR (express): Flash-based online image editor, express/basic version
- PixLR (o-matic): Flash-based online image editor which lets you apply different effects easily
- SumoPainting: With SumoPaint you can Create, Share and Remix your Images.
- Zygomatic: HTML-based editor. Resize, filters, sepia, crop, rotate, flip, effects
- DeMotivational Poster: Meme Generator
- pomf.me: Captioning tool
- Ancient Look: Makes the image look like very old photographs
- DynamicDrive Optimizer: Lets you easily optimize your gifs, animated gifs, jpgs, and pngs, so they load as fast as possible on your site.
- SmushIt Optimizer: Smush.it uses optimization techniques specific to image format to remove unnecessary bytes from image files. It is a "lossless" tool, which means it optimizes the images without changing their look or visual quality.
- ImageShack: Host on ImageShack
- Imgur: Host on imgur.com image hosting
- OverPic: Host on overpic.het image hosting
- PostImage: Host on postimage.org
- Exif viewer: View EXIF information for the image
- MetaPicZ: Metadata and exif viewer
- HTTP Viewer: See exactly what an HTTP request returns to your browser
- AddThis: Share to any of the supported websites by AddThis
- Facebook: Share on Facebook
- Twitter: Tweet this image
- QR Code: Obtain a QR code which point to this image.
- Baidu: Reverse image search using the Japanesse Baidu Service
- Cydral: Reverse image search using Cydral
- Google: Reverse image search using Google Images
- TinEye: Reverse image search using TinEye
- Yandex: Reverse image search using the Russian Yandex Service
- Decode QR Code: Lets you decode a 1D or 2D barcode
- i2OCR: Free online OCR that converts images into editable text.
- WhatFontIs: Send the image to whatfontis.com to identify the font used.
- WhatTheFont: Find what the type of font is used on the image
- WhatsItsColor: Find the complementary and primary color of the image
- ZoomIt: Converts your image to the Deep Zoom format, which lets you smoothly and efficiently explore the whole image, no matter how large.