The GPU on a video card is well known for its ability to crunch numbers, and if you have one there is no reason why you should keep him idle inside a dark cabinet, unless you are gaming all the time. A GPU’s raw processing power shouldn’t go to waste. He could lend a hand to the CPU when the CPU’s hands are full, and video conversion is one area where the CPU would never say no.
Freemake Video Converter is a free software that harnesses the power of NVidia’s new CUDA technology for video conversion. By using Freemake Video Converter for ones video conversion needs, NVidia CUDA card owners can utilize their majorly unused graphics card to get faster conversions.
The software’s USP is simplicity, although there is no selling here because it is a freeware. Everything is kept to the basics. A beginner with his first video conversion job will find no problem getting it done without help. A number of output presets especially tailored for YouTube video, DVD, Android devices etc are available for once click conversion. Those who are willing to dig down deep can edit every conversion setting to their liking.
Input files can range from video, audio, and photos. It can also import videos from a DVD, essentially turning the software into a simple DVD ripper. Additionally, videos can be converted to DVDs, but options to tweak DVD video settings are almost non-existent. The software will automatically adjust bitrates to fit the video into a DVD with the best possible quality. The only thing you can choose here is DVD type (single layer/double layer) PAL or NTSC and aspect ratio.
You can also create DVD slideshows from your pictures. Configuration options here are kept down to minimum. There are no transition effects whatsoever. You can add a background music though. If you are interested in a better DVD slideshow software, I suggest Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder and PhotoFilmStrip.
Besides video conversion, Freemake Video Converter can do other things like join videos, split and trim, rotate and flip horizontally or vertically. A live preview ensures that you get these right before you start converting.
- Supports 200+ Input Formats. Freemake Video Converter accepts virtually any video file you can dream of as an input: AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, FLV, TOD, MOV, DV, RM, QT, TS, MTS, and many more. Import music (MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV), and photos (JPG, BMP, PNG,GIF) to turn them into video.
- Output to AVI, WMV, MP4, MKV, SWF, MPG, 3GP, MP3 and more. Optimize videos for Apple, Sony, and Android devices. Convert videos to iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod 5G, iPhone, iPad, Sony PSP, PS2, PS3, BlackBerry, Xbox, Apple TV, Android mobile devices, smartphones, etc.
- Rip unprotected DVDs.
- Advanced Preset Editor. Create your own presets by establishing video and audio codecs, frame size, frame rate, sample size, and sample rate. Choose a proper icon, and save you custom preset for further usage.
- Fast video conversion with CUDA technology.
- Upload Video, Photos, MP3 to YouTube. Upload videos, photo slideshows, MP3 to YouTube with our video converter. Upload AVI, WMV, MP4, 3GP, JPG, BMP, GIF, MP3 to YouTube. The program will cut videos (if required) into 15-minute parts and insert them into one YouTube playlist.
- Burn DVD - up to 40 hours: Burn up to 20 hours of video to a Standard DVD or 40 hours to DVD-DL. Choose DVD menu type: thumbnail, motion, text.
- Make Slideshows and Visualizations. Turn photos and MP3 into slideshows with background music. Create music visualizations by converting audio to video. Upload your photos and music to YouTube.
- Cut, Join, Rotate, Limit output size, and more