Kingsoft Office Suite 2012 is a complete user-friendly office suite for Windows that offers a number of features for creating, viewing and editing personal and business documents. Kingsoft Office 2012 includes Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Presentation and Kingsoft Spreadsheet which are compatible with all the latest Microsoft Office formats. Furthermore, Microsoft Office can view and edit all documents created by Kingsoft Office as well. Previously, available only as a paid program, Kingsoft Office Suite 2012 is now a free product.
Kingsoft Office 2012 borrows its looks from Microsoft Office 2003, so those who hate the ribbon, this is one fine alternative. At a download size of less than 70MB, Kingsoft Office 2012 is only one-tenth the size of Microsoft Office and tiny compared to most office suites like OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice. This can save a lot of time when you downloading and installing. After installation is occupies less than 250 MB of hard disk space.
Some of the standout features of Kingsoft Office Suite 2012 are:
- Buit-in PDF converter which allows users to convert all Kingsoft files and Microsoft Office file formats to PDF files. Using Kingsoft Office Suite 2012 you can open Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), Excel (.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx) files and save them as PDF files.
- When multiple files are opened, a tab bar appears above the editable area allows you to switch between documents quickly and conveniently.
- Has a document encryption function which can set a password to files.
- Provides an option to email office documents directly from Kingsoft Office.
- Extremely modest system requirements: A Pentium III 450 MHz processor and memory of 256 MB.