Unlike previous editions of Windows, Windows 7 allows users to customize the appearance of the operating system. Microsoft call it “themes”, although they are not proper themes. It should have been called “color schemes” because that’s what they really are – different color variation of the same basic Windows 7 theme.
If you are looking for REAL themes where every UI element is skinned – taskbar, toolbar, menus, explorer, you have to checkout the creations at DeviantArt. To spare you the troubles of going through hundreds of themes, I have handpicked 32 of the most beautiful Windows 7 themes from the said source.
Note: Please read the notes from the theme creator for instructions and link to wallpaper, icons etc. Basic instruction on how to apply a theme is provided at the end of the collection.
Comes with 4 different colored shellstyles and includes several extras:
- new sidebar that can be customizable with sidebar styler
- logon changer
Even without colors this theme looks great. I suggest using this with a selectively colored wallpaper to add contrast.
Pack contains two variations of the theme.
Very mild colors and a totally different Start Menu.
- New start panel line
- New black style shellstyle
- New user picture frame in start panel
- Brand new taskbar with curved corners
- Glow text on taskbar and start panel
- Top Shellstyle for Explorer and Games Folder
- New Media Player Buttons
- and many more
A stunning dark theme.
Slick minimize/maximize/close buttons.
Windows XP Royal theme for the old school look.
This is Windows 7. Believe it.
A nice Mac OS X clone.
The Explorer border is etched with flowery designs and comes with a cool Aer Peek background.
If you love Vista so much, use this.
Windows XP styled theme for Windows 7.
Screenshot really can't do it justice. install it if you want to see it proper.
If you liked this, you will also like this collection of another 20 Windows themes
How to apply a theme
- Download Universal Theme Patcher. Run in it Administrative mode (right-click > "Run as administrator"). UAC must be turned off.
- After the patch does the job, restart the computer to take effect.
- Extract contents of the downloaded archive file into C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and double-click on .theme file.
- Restart to make sure everything works properly.