There are plenty of eye candy programs for Windows from themes to icons, start menu to toolbars, but Nimi Visuals is one of a kind program. This program doesn’t add just one of two effects to Windows but about a hundred – from transparency to animation, glows and reflection and more. Recently, Nimi Visuals added about two dozens more features in it’s latest release.
Here is a brief list of effects built in this tool
- Desktop shadows – Turn windows transparent and click-through while desktop is selected. Holding mouse with button pressed over transparent window activates it again.
- Desktop show – while Windows and control key is pressed desktop is shown Window fading on creation, destroy, minimize
- Contrast screen – Creates contrast between active and non-active windows
- Taskbar and start menu transparency – Turns Your taskbar and start menu transparent
- Taskbar reflection – displaying desktop reflection on the taskbar
- Taskbar and start menu blur-Turns You taskbar and start menu transparent with blurred background.
- Taskbar shadow-Makes taskbar drop shadow
- Transparency on window move and resize-While moving on resizing window it will become transparent
- Opaque window on mouse hover – turn window opaque when mouse is over it’s area, and turn it transparent when it’s outside
- Transparent menu popup – Turn popup menus transparent with fading
- Transparent window borders-Turn some window borders transparent using native borders theme.
- Invisible desktop – Hide icons on desktop when it isn’t focused.
- Window kinetics – window will keep its momentum during move
- Jelly windows – Deform window shape depending on direction of its move in wobbly style
- Window bounce – Makes window bounce on activation
- Fluid windows – Deform window shape while moving like it’s made of fluid
- Fluid wallpaper – randomly deform wallpaper like it would be made from fluid
- Creation sparkle – Creates sparkle on window title bar at window creation
- Aurora fade – Fades window on their creation or destroy, minimize with aurora alike lights effect
- Contrast windows – Desaturate non-active windows
- Window quiver – Minimizes or restore non-active windows on active window quiver movement
- Window edge maximize – Maximizes window to half-width of screen when moved outside the screen edge.
- Window edge warp – Warps window to opposite screen when moved outside the screen edge.
- Window edge snap – Make windows snap to each other and screen edge.
- Minimize non active window – Minimizes non-active windows
- Picture wallpaper-board – Generate wallpaper filled with random images from User picture folder or Nimi folder in application data folder
- Picture highlight – Generate wallpaper containing one image from User picture folder, highlighted on adapted background.
- Screen frost – Covers wallpaper with frost.
- Smooth wallpaper – smoothes wallpaper image
- Showcase- Press Windows key and tabulator to switch windows in showcase.
Despite it’s embarrassing number of functions, Nimi Visuals is surprisingly small at just under 1 MB. Although while running it consumes a fair share of memory which is understandable. The program doesn’t require any special hardware as all graphic effects are software based
[via Web Upd8]
Be the first to comment