WeFi is a free software that helps you find Wi-Fi hotspots in your area. It allows your computers to automatically find and map nearby hotspots, and also helps you manage connections to the hotspots other WeFi members have found.
WeFi automatically detects and qualifies all Wi-Fi access points within range and connects you to the spot with the best Internet connection. If the WeFi software detects a new access point, it allows you to add the spot to the map and thereby help other users to locate these points. WeFi is community driven – each person using WeFi plays a part in growing the network. As more users join, more Wi-Fi data is collected and mapped. At present more than 48 million hotspots are mapped across hundreds of cities around the globe.
WeFi also provides you with Instant-Messaging tools, allowing you to create a buddy list, and to see where your friends are currently connected.
- Automatically connects to the best hotspot available
- Uses Wi-Fi data gathered by the entire Better displays and manages the spots around you
- Constantly checks your surroundings to provide the best Wi-Fi on demand
- Disconnects GPRS upon successful internet Wi-Fi connection
- Remembers spots with internet, allows setting of home spots and blocks unwanted spots
- Upon disconnection, automatically connects you to the next best available spot
- Always makes sure you stay connected when you wake up from standby mode (if Wi-Fi was turned on before entering standby mode)
- Launches favorite application upon successful internet Wi-Fi connection
- Displays a map view of hotspots from the software
- Adds new Wi-Fi location to the community map
- Shows who’s connected around you and where your friends are
- Automatically updates your location in Facebook and Twitter
WeFi is available for the Windows, Mac and Windows Mobile and Android based mobile devices.
Also see 4 free wireless network scanners