Juice is a cross-platform, open source aggregator for discovering and downloading online podcast media files. Essentially Juice Receiver is a podcast feed aggregator using which you can subscribe to RSS feeds of podcasts and let the program automatically download new media files as soon as they are available.
Once you've installed Juice, you can select podcasts to subscribe to in two different ways. Either clicking the selection button to see a directory of available podcasts or enter a URL for a podcast you've found on your own. You can set the scheduling options so that Juice scans for new downloads as often as you like, or you can control it manually.
The program sits in your toolbar and periodically checks for any new podcasts from the RSS feeds that you have subscribed to. The downloaded files are then saved to your computer and organized into user named folders. When it is done downloading new files, it adds them to your library, all ready to be played or synched to your MP3 device.
- Available for Windows, Mac and Linux platform
- Supports more than 15 languages
- Supports multiple media players
- Has a built-in directory with thousands of listed podcast feeds
- Has auto cleanup, authentication, centralized feed management and much more
- Juice is accessible for blind and visually impaired users (windows version only)