We have given away Handy Backup licenses twice before. Since our last giveaway on December 2009, four new versions of the software has been released which brought several new features among numerous updates, fixes and improvements to the product. It’s about time we do another round of giveaway.
Handy Backup Standard is an easy-to-use backup software designed to perform automated backup of your computer. User-friendly interface and a rich set of backup features make it one of the best PC backup software for home and small office use. Handy Backup Standard features:
- Selective data backup. Back up folders and individual files with file mask filtering (allows to back up only photos, music files, videos, etc.)
- Free plug-ins. There are presets and plug-ins designed to facilitate My Documents backup, Windows registry backup, Outlook backup, etc.
- Variety of supported storage media. Backup to DVD, CD, any local or external HDDs, network drives, remote FTP servers
- Backup options. Enable backup compression, encryption, verification and other options for most convenient and smooth backups
- Database backup. Handy Backup Server has a wide range of functions for database backup. The utility is able to run backup of most popular ODBC-compatible databases: MS SQL Server backup, MySQL, DB2, Oracle, InterBase backup and other.
- Flexible backup scheduling. Perform all backup and synchronization tasks on a regular basis by assigning a schedule
- Multi-threaded backup engine provides fast backups without interfering users’ activity.
- One-way and two-ways synchronization. You can easily synchronize folders and files between computers in the network.
- Encryption, compression, masks, filtering. These and many other additional functions will help you to achieve the perfect backup strategy without any difficulties.
- Run backup as Windows service. This option allows performing absolutely inconspicuous backups, not requiring the user to be logged in
You can read more about the product features on the official Handy Backup page.
What’s changed since version 6.3.1?
The latest version 6.6 has several changes. The following is the combined change log of 4 releases.
- FTP transferring engine now works more correctly when backup files contain non-Latin symbols. Earlier, some users had problems with backing up to FTP, because certain symbols in file names terminated the connection.
- The MS SQL Backup plug-in is improved which now works more correctly when used to back up SQL databases located on remote workstations (in Handy Backup Server scheme).
- Several users reported problems with restoration of backups created through MS Exchange Backup plug-in (for old versions of Microsoft Exchange) and Database Backup plug-in (for MS SQL databases only). This has been fixed.
- Optimized Handy Backup's performance under Windows Vista and Windows 7, to improve its work with User Account Control (UAC) system.
- For many "common" applications, backup instructions can be described in well-formed XML documents. Written in a certain syntax, they can be added to Handy Backup and used for backing up PC programs via common Handy Backup's interface. A more flexible XML plug-in engine was introduced which makes creation of new plug-ins easier and faster.
- Several new plug-ins for popular PC applications: Google Chrome Backup, gSyncit Backup, and other are available for downloaded in the Backup Plug-ins section free of charge.
- Fixed start-up crashes.
- The problem with incorrect restoration from SFTP servers was fixed.
- Introduced Differential Backups, a technology based on binary comparison of data with existing backup, when each task execution saves only new files and changes on modified files. If you are backing up large amounts of data, such as disk images or databases, you can greatly reduce data storage costs.
Just fill the form below on or before Sunday, May 23. It’s not mandatory but if you tweet this story or blog about it, your chances of winning will increase. Just don’t forget to leave the tweet URL or blog URL if you do so.
There will be 5 lucky winners who will receive one license of Handy Backup Standard worth $39 each.