Since I haven’t posted a link collection in a while, I will try to make up by publishing 10 links in place of the usual 5.
1. Apollo Images: 20,000 high-resolution scans of original film from the Apollo missions – from Apollo 9 through Apollo 17. The total size of the collection is reported to be in excess of 12 GB.
2. Video card troubleshooting: This page has a collection of screen grabs of corrupted screens which are results of specific video card problems. You can diagnose your video card by comparing your screen with the example corrupted screens.
3. Bad Movies: Good movie review sites are a dime a dozen. But how many people do you know devotes their time and energy to write reviews of the worst of the worst movies? This guy does. Know what to avoid, or what to rent just for the laughs. Ed Wood, anyone?
6. BitsDuJour: I know you guys are totally spoiled by freeware, but some commercial software just can’t be beaten. At BitsDuJour you will find daily discount of paid software. Unfortunately, no Adobe Photoshop or MS Office and the likes here.
7. Instant Oil Spill: That’s right, now you can have all the same disregard for the environment (albeit virtual) that big oil does everyday! Why should they get to have all the fun? Simply enter the web address of the site you’d like to contaminate and watch the spill happen.
8. PageModo: Designs a Facebook fanpage without coding. Choose layout, upload your pics and done.
9. PhET Simulators: Dozens of interactive simulator on various disciplines- Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Math etc from the University of Colorado. Great way to learn and have fun.
10. I’m Comic Sans, Asshole: A short humorous monologue from the world’s most hated typeface.
Be the first to comment