FilerFrog is a free plug-in for Windows Explorer that offers a handy set of tools that eases the task of everyday file management. It has been a while since I came across a good plug-in for Windows Explorer, and FilerFrog surely falls into the “good” category.
FilerFrog integrates into the Windows shell – all the tools are available from Explorer context menu, grouped under the “FilerFrog” heading.
FilerFrog’s different tools can be broadly classified into File manipulation operations and Image manipulation operations. File operations include the following:
- Extract From Folder: Moves all files within a folder to its parent folder, with an option to delete the empty folder afterwards.
- Extract To Folder: Creates a new folder and moves the selected files into it.
- Copy/Move: Copy or move files and folders to a specified destination. It’s similar to Windows built in Copy To and Move To commands. FilerFrog also remembers your most recently used folders enabling you to select them from a menu.
- Delete Empty Files and Folders: Searches and deletes empty files and folders
- Copy Path To Clipboard: Copies the path of the current folder or selected file to the Windows Clipboard.
- Invert Selection: Inverts the current selection in the folder. Probably the most simplest yet important addition ever.
- Split and Join: Split a large file of any type into smaller pieces, making it easy to distribute on CD-ROMs, the Internet, or in email attachments. Split files can be joined back again.
- List of Files: Create a text or html file containing a list of the files and folders selected, with options for simple or detailed listing.
- Encrypt and Decrypt: Encrypt or decrypt files and folders using RC4 stream cipher encryption.
- Renaming: Rename files and folders in bulk, with different naming schemes. These include replacing a string of text with another, Auto Numbering, Alphabetize, Append, Auto Numbering with Append, Alphabetize with Append, Make All Same Name, and Truncate
Image manipulation operations include the following.
- Image Manipulation – Resize: Resizes selected images into several preset sizes, with options to set a custom size and select the image quality.
- Image Manipulation – Put Logo On Image: Adds a logo or watermark to all selected images. There are option to overwrite the existing images, or add the manipulated images to another folder.
- Image album: Create simple image albums with thumbnails of images which are automatically saved as PDF files.
FilerFrog was previously a commercial application. Now the application is not only free but has been also made open source.
Be the first to comment