A lot of software has hit the freeware route during the last few days. Download Squad reported another software that had recently dumped the commercial version for good – BufferZone Pro, a sandboxing software that allows users to run software in isolated environments for security. Incidentally, Trustware had launched a promotion not long ago and gave away BufferZone Pro for free. The discount is now made permanent.
Trustware BufferZone is an Internet sandboxing software that employs a preventative and proactive approach to keep users safe from various Internet threats. It can be used alongside your regular Antivirus software and helps strengthen your computer’s defenses against malware by complementing the reactionary method used by traditional anti-virus programs.
BufferZone contains your Internet activities inside an isolated environment called the "Virtual Zone." The Virtual Zone is displayed as a red border around your screen. Inside the Virtual Zone, you can browse the Web, chat and download any file or application without threatening your PC and personal files. All potentially threatening programs and files remain isolated from your PC’s operating system. After your browsing session is over, you can empty the contents of the Virtual Zone.
Key features of BufferZone Pro:
- Safely use all web browsers in an isolated (virtualized) zone
- Safely chat with all IM programs in a virtual zone (separate environment)
- Safely share with all P2P applications without fear inside the virtualized zone
- Safely use all USB devices in an isolated zone
- No limitation on number of trusted websites in Privacy Zone
- Lock your private files and directories (in a confidential folder) into a trusted environment
- Take a “snapshot” of your Virtual Zone configuration for one- step restore