Early this month, Kingsoft unveiled a completely free office suite program, Kingsoft Office Suite 2012, which is fully compatible with all Microsoft Office document making it an excellent free alternative to the commercial product. According to users, Kingsoft Office Suite 2012 can handle Office documents having complex layouts with ease, and even better than its open source counterparts like LibreOffice and OpenOffice.
Recently, Kingsoft re-launched Kingsoft Office Suite 2012, this time making it available in their individual component packages – Kingsoft Writer 2012, Kingsoft Spreadsheets 2012 and Kingsoft Presentation 2012. The original Office Suite 2012 is still available as a modest 70MB download.
Kingsoft Writer Free 2012 (size 43 MB) is a powerful word processor program with the qualities matching Microsoft Word and includes a wide range of easy to use features. It can handle all Microsoft Word files even the latest format .docx. In addition, it increased lots of useful functions including a built-in PDF converter, automatic spell check, web layout view, etc
- A large range of clip arts, charts, shapes and pictures are available to choose from as well as several text effects, such as shadows, 3-D effects, wordart, outlines, emboss engrave, and more.
- A distinguished feature of inserting and handling tables quickly and conveniently in a document. You can add additional rows and volumes by clicking the shortcut operation on the table.
- It offers cross-reference functions which refer to an item that appears in another location in a document. It can help you to find the content you are looking for as soon as possible and it also displays the structure of a book in a more systematical and compact way.
- A mail merging feature enables you to generate many documents at once that contain identical formatting, layout, text, graphics, and more in which only certain portions of each document vary.
- A built-in equation editor is available for Writer which offers a number of often-used equations and operation symbols. You can easily insert and edit equations and symbols when you edit a document.
- Diverse document viewing methods make it easy to edit your documents. These functions include the document map, gridlines, ruler, markup, and more.
Kingsoft Spreadsheets Free 2012 (size 40.5 MB) is a worksheet application alternative to Microsoft Excel that offers a wide range of easy to use features that suits both beginners and advanced users. Kingsoft Spreadsheets will open and save documents from a wide variety of formats, including the latest version of Microsoft Excel in addition to its own document format.
- A great number of functions are provided for both daily office work and professional business such as Sum, Average, V lookup, Mid, TRIM, TEST, etc.
- It offers encryptions which can prefect protect your data. Any confidential data can be encrypted with RC4 encryption in a special long password, nobody can get access to your data without your password, thereby protecting your data.
- It also offers several shortcut functions to quickly handle data in the shortcut tool bar. These functions include an auto filer, sort ascending, sort descending, auto sum, and more. You can easily edit data by using them.
Kingsoft Presentation Free 2012 (size 39.2 MB) is a free presentation application alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint. It is fully compatible and can handle all Microsoft PowerPoint files.
- You can view the slides on two separate monitors at the same time via Double Screen Extended Mode, so you can show the slides from your presentation more conveniently.
- It offers an out-package function which can package the slides for CDs by Package for CD. You can convert slides to CD format which makes it easy to use and save. CD format enables the slides to be played on a computer that doesn’t have Kingsoft Presentation installed.
- Offers a large number of slide effects to help you to create wonderful slides, such as flash, background sound, different animation effects, and more.