TeamLab is an open-source platform for project management and business collaboration developed by Ascensio System, a Latvian-based vendor of open source solutions. TeamLab allows small and mid-size companies to organize business tasks and milestones, store and share your corporate or personal documents, use social networking tools such as blogs and forums, as well as communicate with their team members via corporate IM. Written in ASP.NET and powered by Amazon Web Services, TeamLab provides a reliable infrastructure in the cloud.
TeamLab is available in three deployment solutions:
- SaaS or Software as a service, where TeamLab hosts all the programs and data on the cloud and users can access them using a web browser over the Internet.
- Self Hosted: TeamLab source code is listed on SourceForge and available for everyone to download and deploy on own servers. Developers are free to customize and improve source code.
- TeamLab AMI is offered within Amazon EC2 service and allows to run a personal virtual server with pre-installed TeamLab platform. With this option users gain flexibility and control over computing resources.
TeamLab offers the following collaboration tools and features:
- Project Management: Create projects, build teams, assign tasks, lead discussions, track the latest activity across all projects and generate time-tracking reports.
- Business Collaboration: Create and maintain company’s blog, forum and Wiki styled knowledge base. Share photos, bookmarks, news, create polls to collect and process employee opinions etc.
- Document Management: Create, edit, share and save documents on your company portal, and get notification for document changes. You can also import user’s current documents base from Google Docs, Zoho, Box.net to TeamLab Docs. Integrate documents into the Projects Management module.
- Instant Messaging: Chat with employees in real time. This feature is available directly in the portal or can be integrated into most popular IM clients. Users can set up notifications on the latest community/project activity via IM.
- Calendar: Organize personal and corporate work schedule and coordinate team activities by setting meetings, arranging briefings, tracking tasks and milestones due dates and viewing past, current and future events.
- Customer Relationship Management: Manage customer relations, identify priority contacts and track sales performance.
Advantage of over competing product such as Basecamp
- Free and open source.
- Available as SaaS and self-hosted solution.
- Compatible with Amazon EC2 and S3 services
- Accessible from Mobile. The TeamLab mobile version for Android and iOS allows you to manage projects, view colleague’s contact information, read corporate and personal documents.
- Supports Importing of data and files from Basecamp, Google Docs, Zoho or Box.net accounts.
Kaushik, thanks for covering Teamlab!
Welcome to our Facebook Community – http://www.facebook.com/TeamLab
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email info(at)teamlab(dot)com
very nice info,thanks for sharing,,
visit me 🙂
hum, payroll companies really are more useful for time tracking, when it comes to operational project management a tool like Teamlab or ProjeLead are probably better.