Microsoft Outlook provides desktop alerts for new emails but there is no way to filter these notifications such as to highlight important emails or suppress less important ones. It’s either all or none. Important Mail Alert for Microsoft Outlook solves this problem by bringing rule based alerts to the email program. Using this free add-in you can configure Microsoft Outlook to immediately notify you when you receive emails that contain specific keywords or phrases or mails from persons you actually care about.
Important Mail Alert blends perfectly into Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010’s interface. It sits quietly at the bottom of the inbox pane waiting for new emails to parse. The box is collapsible so there is no worries about wasting screen space. When you need to create a new rule or edit/delete existing ones, just expand the box and select an action. Adding rules is quick an simple: type the phrase you wish to be alerted for in the box and hit the Enter key. No jumping through hoops and no clicking multiple ‘Next’ buttons.
Important Mail Alert accepts only keyword based rules, but these keywords can occur anywhere in the email – it can be the sender’s name or email address, message subject or some text from the message body. Unfortunately, it won’t find your alarm text in RSS feeds, tasks or meeting invitations.
When the e-mail you are waiting for arrives, the add-in shows an Important Mail Alert box on the desktop on top of all applications you are working with. A history of all alerts received is available under the ‘Alerts’ tab on the add-in window.
- Important Mail Alert is independent of your standard Outlook rules. Whatever your standard Outlook rules do to the message, wherever they move it, Important Mail Alert will fish it out.
- It works in Outlook with Exchange Server.
- If you got more than one Inbox, the add-in lets you select the accounts you want to scan.
- You can open the message straight from the add-in pane.
- Works on Microsoft Outlook 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit), Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003.