Start Menu 7 is a new software that replaces the Start Menu on Windows 7 with a different one. The standard Windows 7 start menu is compact, while Start Menu 7 covers a larger area and comes with additional functionality. It’s difficult to say whether the new Start Menu 7 offers a more productive alternative, but it does offer us a choice in start menus.
Start Menu 7 features:
- The list of menu items is alphabetically sorted, so you can easily find any program or command by its name.
- Open any location on your PC with a single click. You can create, modify, and reorder items in Start Menu 7. So it’s easy to create a list of the most used locations, popular directories, and virtual folders to access them with a single click.
- There is a special Run button to access seldom used locations without adding them into menu.
- Start Menu 7 has a customizable Power Buttons panel.
- With Power Timer feature you can delay any of power management operations.
Start Menu 7 is free, but there is also a Pro version with additional features like tabbed menus.