Delete Files By Date is a free program that allows you to search files by date in one or multiple locations and delete the same. The program is a good choice if you do not know where files are located, and need to look in many locations. Windows has a file searching by date option but it is limited and nowhere as flexible as that offered by Delete Files By Date.
With a few selection you can create an advanced search filter that looks for files using several different criteria. You can search files modified/created/accessed before or after a particular date, or between two dates. You can specify a file size when you create a search filter. The program will include only those files that matches the size restrictions you set.
The difference between Delete Files By Date and the previously featured Cyber-D’s Autodelete is that the latter can be automated. So it can be used as a temporary file cleaning solution. With Delete Files By Date, you have to do it manually.
- Find and delete files sorted by date and size with one simple click
- Advanced search with multiple filters:
– select files by the ‘created date’, ‘modified date’ or ‘accessed date’
– search for files by date range, before, after or on a specified date
– delete files by ‘date’ or ‘date and time’ range
– advanced size filter
- Flexible ability to specify which disks or folders to scan
- Search for files in several locations at once
Delete Files By Date is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000, ME, 98 (32-bit and 64-bit versions)