Shortly after Google+ was launched, a service called Move2Picasa came into being that automatically moved your Facebook photo albums to Google Picasa, and thus made them available through your Google+ account. Move2Picasa is overtly simple and offers no control on which albums are moved. If that doesn’t sound impressive, here is a new Facebook to Picasa photo migration utility that you will definitely like.
MoveYourPhotos is an extension available for Firefox and Chrome browsers that lets you cherry pick which photo albums you wish to move from Facebook to Picasa. You can use it to transfer all your Facebook photos or only selected albums.
And it gets even better. The extension allows you to move any Facebook album that you can view, even those uploaded by your friends to your Picasa account. This may at first seem to transgress other’s privacy, but these are the photos that you already have permission to view and download from Facebook. You can’t use it transfer photos from stranger’s Facebook album. Also, MoveYourPhotos doesn’t give you the luxury of selecting individual photos, only full albums.
This is how MoveYourPhotos work:
- Navigate to within a Facebook photo album which you would like to transfer to your Picasa account.
- Click on the MoveYourPhotos button that the extension installs in your browser’s toolbar.
- Enter a name for the album in the text box and click ‘make album’
- You may repeat the last 3 steps with as many different Facebook albums as you want. When you have recorded the information of all the albums you wish to import to Picasa, click the ‘submit’ button.
- You will be brought back to MoveYourPhotos.com and asked to login to your Google account.
- Once you have logged in to Google, MoveYourPhotos will begin processing your photos and upon completion will automatically open your new albums on Picasa.