Planning a road trip to somewhere you’ve never been, and wondering what the scenery would be like? Now you can find out with Google Earth Driving Simulator.
This browser based simulator built on top of the Google Earth browser plugin takes you on a virtual drive between any two locations on Earth. Simply enter your starting location and destination and hit the Go button. The simulator will first calculate your route and plot it over the satellite imagery of your place, as well as over a conventional map on the right.
Now go to the simulator panel and hit “start” to roll the wheels. You can adjust your speed as you drive along, but driving slow allows the simulator to download high resolution imagery and 3D buildings so that you can enjoy the scenery.
- Ships, the Google Earth based ship simulator
- Apollo 11 Moon Lander: A game on Google Earth
- Historic WWII Imagery in Google Earth
- Explore the oceans on Google Ocean Showcase
- Google Earth now shows real time weather
- Track flights in near real-time with Google Earth
- Google Map Fuel Cost Calculator For Driving Between Two Places
The URL of Google Earth Driving Simulator is wrong – http://www.instantfundas.com/2010/09/track-flights-in-near-real-time-with.html
Oops! Corrected now.