A selection of articles published between February 5 and February 11 of previous years.
1 Year Ago
- Guide to Automated Software Installation: Install your software unattended, silently and in bulk. The complete guide.
- Browse And Edit Windows Registry From Explorer: A shell extension that integrates Windows Registry with Windows Explorer allowing users to browse and edit the Registry like they are folders and files.
- Microsoft Excel Task Manager: A partially functional task manager created in VBA and runs inside Microsoft Excel that allows you to view, kill or suspend selected processes.
2 Years Ago
- Automatically mute sound by window title text: Mute sound of a specific application when the title of a window contains text patterns defined by the user. Can be used to successfully mute audio ads on Spotify.
- Minesweeper or Flower Garden: Do you know Windows defaults to a different Minesweeper game style based on location of the user, because some people find mines offensive?
- iTuner: A system tray companion to iTunes that allows controls like global keyboard, lyric discovery and display, track dashboard, playback, and library maintenance from a mini player.
3 Years Ago
- How to interpret hard disk model numbers: The model number of a hard disk can reveal a lot of information about the drive if you know how to read it.
- Automatically organize files into dated folders: Reorganize the contents of a folder according to the date of creation of the files within that folder.
- Stardock Fences: A free program that allows you to draw “fences” around groups of desktop icons which then become movable and resizable containers.
4 Years Ago
- NetDefender: An open source Windows firewall
- Orbitron: Track positions of more than 20,000 satellites in the sky in real time.
- Enhance Windows’ usability with DM2: DM2 can minimize any window to "floating icon", minimize window to tray, make it "on-top", adjust transparency and provide favorites files/folders in common Open/Save dialogs.
Be the first to comment